Service-based volunteering provides workforce resources to a social service agency to complement the practitioners. Some examples include supporting various departments.
- Medical services (home based care, clinical related services,) by individuals, team, organizations
- Rehabilitation and palliative care at HFs and social service organization
- Psycho-social services
- Caregiver support
Skills-based volunteering is where professionals use their skills, experiences and resources to strengthen the capabilities of various levels of agencies/organizations. These agencies may not have access to resources or expertise to manage corporate functions yet; these functions are instrumental in helping them operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Fundraising – finance, in kind,
- Information communication technology -websites, media
- Capacity building – training, Supportive Supervision (SS), mentoring
Volunteering at one-time activities such as Flag Days, Car free day, different World/national celebrity days, fundraising events, or bringing service users for an outing are examples of events-based volunteering.
- Outreach promotion and prevention services
- Emergency and disaster response services
- Basic screening health services (screening blood sugar level, cholesterol level screening, HPTN, etc.)
- Blood and other biological organ donation campaign