The overall objective of this Directorate is monitoring, facilitating and designing ways for smooth implementation of the National Women's Policy of 1993.
Specific objectives include:
- Fostering gender mainstreaming in all policies, programmes, projects and plans of the Ministry
- Enhance the participation of women employees in the organisational activities and ensuring their rights in employment, training, decision making and etc...
- Conduct operational research and disseminate result pertaining to gender and health
- Ensure health statistics are disaggregated by sex and monitor signs of gender gap
- Monitor and evaluate the output and impact of policies and programmes in relation to gender equity and equality
- Develop and distribute gender mainstreaming guidelines, manuals and other technical tools
- Develop Information Education Communication (IEC) and public mobilisation initiatives
- Expand and integrate networks