Instruction for 2021 ERMP Registration
1. Create ERMP account
To register you need first to have an account for ERMP 2021 which you will need it thorough out the process till matching. Any ERMP account you had in previous years is not applicable for this year’s ERMP. To have an account you need to sign up. To do so:
- Go to www.moh.gov.et ; then under “our systems” select the ERMP portal;
- Write your valid email address and a new password in the space provided and keep them in your note book since you will need them whenever you log-in to your account;
- Confirm your new password and click sign up; then close this page;
- Then check your email; you’ll find there a confirmation message from ERMP; Click confirm and close your email page;
- Now go back to ermp.moh.gov.et and insert the email address and password you used while signing up; and click sign in; you are there!
2. Personal profile and service year:
- Start filling the registration with your personal profile: Name, sex, place and year of graduation …etc.;
- If you have a work experience as a GP in any health institution, check the box “yes” and fill the place of work and years of experience and upload a scanned copy of an official letter that indicates your service year in full months;
- If you served in more than one institution you should fill the service year for each and upload a letter for each separately;
- If you checked “No” for work experience, or did not upload a letter for service, or uploaded inappropriate letter, your service year will be considered as “zero” year;
3. Medical License (employment letter):
- Make sure that you have a scanned copy of your valid medical professional license and upload it on the space provided while registering;
- Those of you who graduated before Ginbot 1, 2011 EC can upload your letter of employment as a GP given from MOH or RHB or zone if you’re unable to get your license.
- The name you fill in the application should exactly be the same as it’s on the professional license or the employment letter;
- Make sure that the document you uploaded is clear, readable and able to be opened;
4. Selection of specialty:
- you can choose up to TWO specialties in order of your preference;
- But selecting at least one choice of specialty (as 1st choice) is mandatory;
- For those of you who are sponsored by higher learning institutions (universities), federal sponsors (police, prison, defense and others), charity or private organizations, the choice of specialty/ies and their order must go in line with your sponsor’s choice and order (as it’s indicated in the sponsorship letter).
5. Selection of study sites (universities)
- You can choose a maximum of FIVE places of studies (universities) for each specialty you chose from the list provided; but selecting at least one university for each of your choice of specialty is mandatory; Enrollment capacity of each school for 2021 is attached.
- Candidates can be sponsored by:
- MOH (Central sponsorship), or
- Higher learning institutions (universities), or
- Federal organizations (like defense, police, prison etc.), or
- Charity organizations, or
- Private organizations, or
- be Self-sponsored or o foreign applicants;
- Be reminded that for MOH sponsorship priority will be given for those with service (2 years and above);
- All applicants sponsored by higher learning institutions (universities) or Federal or charity or private organizations should select the name of their sponsoring organization from the list given; if not in the list then select “other” and write down the name of your sponsoring organization; then you must upload a scanned copy of a valid sponsorship letter in the space provided;
- For those applicants who wish to be sponsored by MOH or those who are self-sponsored, NO NEED to upload any sponsorship letter; just select MOH or selfsponsored respectively and move forward;
- Foreign applicants who would like to be enrolled in the competition should upload a letter from Ministry of foreign affairs or MOSHE during registration; For details please refer the ERMP Implementation Guideline.
7. Application fee:
- Please make a payment for application fee as it’s stated in the ERMP guideline and upload a scanned copy of the receipt in the space provided; if not, your registration will be rejected;
- Make sure that hubs are available before you make a payment for application;
- Those applicants who upload irrelevant documents will be disqualified from the competition.
8. Declaration form:
- Please make sure that you comply with the statements specified in the ERMP guideline and the declaration statements specified in the declaration part of the registration; then please check the box next to “I agree”.
- Candidates who wish to pursue on surgical fields (Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and HNS, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric surgery, Urological surgery, General Surgery, Orthopedics-traumatology and obstetrics- Gynecology) are advised to undergo physical fitness test as detailed in annex II of the ERMP 2021 Implementation Guideline..
- When you are done with the application fee page your application gets on pending;
- if your license and application fee slip you uploaded are appropriate and valid, the ERMP team will confirm your application. Then a page to select your exam hub appears;
- if you did not upload your license or a slip for application fee, your application remains pending and you will be unable to go to the next page until you do so;
- Once you started your registration you will be given a maximum of 72 hours to upload your license and application fee slip; if you don’t do so with in the given time, your application will automatically be discarded by the system;
- So, before you start your registration, make sure that you have a scanned copy of your license and application fee slip;
- If you attached any inappropriate document, your application will be on pending for 24 hours so that you’ll be able to remove them and upload the appropriate ones; if not, your application will be “rejected”, and you will be out of the competition.
10. Selection of Exam Hub:
- You are advised to choose the exam hub which is closer to your current address;
- This year we’ll have a total of 16 hubs, and each hub has a maximum number of applicants to be handled (ceiling) for the exam (mentioned at the end).; Thus, the registration might get ceased before the deadline for registration if all available hubs are occupied (if the total number of submitted applications reaches 4000);
- A count down information on the available and remaining number of hub spots will be displayed for all applicants during registration;
11. Submit your application
- Now you are on your final page of application. Here you are expected to submit your application. But, be reminded that once you submitted your application you will not be able to edit any information;
- Thus, before submitting your application, make sure that every page is properly filled and the attachments you uploaded are the appropriate ones. If you find anything to be edited, you can revise and change as you wish as long as your application is not submitted.;
- Please don’t forget to submit your application before the dead line date of the registration, and keep the confirmation page in print/save after submitting. The earlier you submit the more chances you’ll have to get your choice of hub before it reaches its ceiling;
12. Revision of choices
- This year, like last year, applicants will be allowed to edit their choices of specialty and university for a period of one week immediately after the notification of exam results.
13. Couple applicants
- This year, there will not be any special privilege for couple applicants. So there is no need to upload any marriage certificate;
14. Government obligation
- Please be reminded that candidates to be sponsored by MOH and who either didn’t finish their compulsory service as general practitioner or didn’t pay-back their undergraduate cost-sharing expense (loan), the remaining years of service will be added to their future service as a specialist.
15. Register only once
- Candidates who register multiple times (more than one) using different email accounts and submit them in one registration period will not be eligible to sit for the exam (they will be totally disqualified).
16. No multiple chance for matching
- Candidates who have been matched in the previous ERMP rounds (2017-2020) and enrolled in a certain teaching institution as a resident are not allowed to register and compete in the present year; and if they are found, they will be disqualified;
- If you have any enquiry regarding the 2021 ERMP you can dial to hot line # of 952 of the Ministry of Health from Monday to Friday during working hours.
NB. Enrollment capacity of institutions and the blue print for the exam will be posted later on (on days closer to registration).
click here to download the Guidline.