Maternal Health Case Team
The maternal health case team is one of the six case teams of MCHN directorate of MOH. The case team deals with safe motherhood and other related reproductive health programs. It is established in 2013 under the directorate following the restructuring of the ministry into various program areas. This case team works closely with various case teams within the directorate and other directorates throughout the Ministry.
The maternal health case team currently coordinates and manages a number of projects and initiatives that aim to improve maternal health in Ethiopia.
The case team has a case team coordinator, five case team officers, and four technical advisors.
To improve the maternal health status of the country by managing, coordinatingand leading various programs at all levels throughout the country.
Target (HSDP-IV and Visioning document):
- Reduce MMR to 267/105LBs, 101.4/105LBs and 45.5/105LBs by 2015, 2025 and 2035 respectively
- Increase skilled birth attendance to 62%, 77%, 95.1% by 2015,2025 and 2035 respectively
- Increase ANC coverage (at least 4 visits) to 86%,77% and 87% by 2015,2025 and 2035 respectively
- Met need for EmONC: 75% by 2015 and 100% by 2025
List of interventions
- Emergency obstetric care
- Quality maternal and newborn health care
- Emergency obstetrics referral network
- Maternal death surveillance and response
- Elimination of obstetric fistula
- Safe abortion service
- Home delivery free Kebeles
- Youth & adolescent RH(YARH)
- P.O.Box: 1234, Ethiopian Ministry of Health
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +251-115-150407