The New Minister of Health of Ethiopia H.E Professor Yifru Berhan Mitke
• Medical doctor, Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Academic rank: professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
H.E Prof. Yifru Berhan Mitke was born in North Shoa in 1972 and completed his junior and secondary educations at Enewari High School. He had to travel over 60 km, Cross the deep "Jemma" river gorge, lasting over 6 hours, Just to reach his high school for at least once per Months, for 6years with all this hardship he excelled in his education.
He obtained a medical degree in 1997 has served with great distinction at one of the remote places health center in Bule, Gedeo zone where he provided compassionate and dedicated services.
He has also played a significant role in mitigating and fighting disease outbreaks such as typhoid fever in the hospital that he served after completing his specialty in 2005,
Professor Yifru was appointed and served and got major experiences፡-
• Lead different projects and research team
• Worked as head of Bule woreda Health Office
• Medical Director of Dilla Hospital
• lecturer at Dilla College of Teachers Education and Health Sciences
• Hawassa University Senate member and Health sciences College dean from 2005 to 2014
• Addis Ababa university College of Health Sciences Dean; in the Rank of Vice president from 2015 to present
• Published more than 70 articles in reputable national and international journals individually and as team
Professor Yifru Berhan registered tremendous results health development and health research in his various leadership positions as well as academic arena.