Panelists briefly presented:
- Concept ,expected outcome and implementation strategy I-CARE
- Hospitals innovative Financing
- Hospital Amenities Services Management
- Health professional dressing codes
- Access to Essential Medical Devices
Raised Points during Discussions
- The Time for I-CARE implementation seems to be very short?
- Is the current governing structure and accountability of teaching hospitals may not be suitable for effective I-CARE implementation? What is the plan for this, specially FMoH and MoSHE involvement
- To implement the recommend health professional dressing code, at regional and facility levels, it needs special permission?
- Hospital financing reform...who is going to pay the cost? Is there any scenario that people can cover health cost? Or government subsidies?
- Financing... Private health facilities model... Refund and Revolving fund,
- 24 hospitals selected and how long is pilot period? Why don't another hospitals start implementation
- Is there any opportunity to reward the health professions based on performance during I-CARE Implementation?
- Is there any graduation criteria for the selected 24 health facilities?
- What about digitalization?
- O2 supply appeared not priority for I-CARE, and why is that?
- To what extent is a document open for modification?
- Compassionate financing is also required so that the hospitals don't get bankrupt?
- Donor finance should still be considered.
- How is Individual-level motivation enhanced?
- Accountability vs motivation?
- How is the senior professional's engagement plan/scheme being thought for implementation?
- Tertiary and secondary level service is costly...diversifying other financing schemes is required?
- Specification and installation of equipment standardizations should be smooth and implementable as it is current very challenging?
- What about HEW and support staff dressing code?
- Mechanical ventilator is a big issue in hospitals, what is FMoH’s plan for this?
- How do hospitals purchase to implement the recommend dressing code because currently it was a challenge? Is there a solution?
- How fast do EPSA provide the equipment and medications?
Recommendations and Answers
- General discussion will be held by tomorrow with H.E Dr Amir and he will briefly give you all the answers regarding the financing assumption
- Performance based financing approached will be used to encourage the performances of senior health professionals
- Currently FMoH planning to pilot I-CARE for one year in 24 hospitals only