The Family Planning case team plays a prominent and pivotal role in contributing to the improvement of the health indices of the country as well as the achievement of the Health related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Mission of the case team is “to promote quality services and empower individuals and communities to make informed decisions about their health, thereby promoting healthy lifestyles and enhanced quality of life of Ethiopians.”
The Family Health Case Team’s core functions include:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of policies and programs that promote the health of the family through efficient integrated health services in Ethiopia.
- Effective coordination with regional health bureaus, partners and other stakeholders to proactively contribute to overall family health in Ethiopia
- Scale up Family planning service uptake
- Integrated Catchment based Mentorship to selected health posts
- Postpartum Family Planning coverage
- Long Active Reversible Contraceptive coverage
- Advocacy and Health Care financing
- Family planning commodity security and supply chain management
- Awareness raising forums on Family Planning and SRH services